e enjte, 21 qershor 2007

Assignment 2

…AsSignMEnt 2…

For task 1, I chose the topic “ Get a life ”. Firstly, I really try to listen to Professor David Crystal’s recording without read the tapescript. But, I found that I was not really understood what he said. Maybe I was not familiar with the US slang. So, I don’t catch the professor meaning. Therefore, I just read the tapescript and listen again. This time I really more understood the meaning of the recording. This topic is said to somebody that advise them to stop doing what the speaker considers boring and useless and live their life in a fuller and more interesting way. On the other hand, I was also learnt many new vocabularies in this topic such as ‘derogatory’, ‘dull’, ‘jocular’, and ‘workaholic’. To put it in a nutshell, I can’t really understand the recording without read the tapescript.

In task 2, the topic that I chosen was “ Phat ”. Sincerely, I wasn’t listening to professor’s recording first in this task. It was because I think I won’t understand the meaning of the recording if I’m not read the tapescript first. So, I read the tapescript for one time and then listen to the recording. As a result, I can easily to catch and understand the recording. In this topic also, I had learnt two new words that are ‘etymologies’ and ‘homophony’. The word ‘etymologies’ mean the study of the origin and history of words and their meanings. However, the word ‘homophony’ is mean two words which have the same sound but different from meaning. Besides that, I was also learnt that the word ‘phat’ and ‘fat’ were have the same sound but different from meaning which is homophony. The professor always emphasized this two words by saying ‘p-h-a-t’, not ‘f-a-t’.

0 komente:

Posto një koment

Abonohu në Posto komente [Atom]

<< Faqja e parë