e enjte, 21 qershor 2007

individual listening and writing

Assalamualaikum Madam Zurina,

First of all, I want to say thanks a lot for you because give your effort while teach in our class. Ok, for task one, after log in the Professor David Crystal website, I choose the title “wysiwyg”, because it sounds so strange, I listened what he talked without saw the typescript first. His intonation and style are quite difficult to understand, after read the typescript given, I found new words like WYSIWYG = what you see is what you get and an accolade = praise for or recognition of great achievement. After understood that’s meaning I understand what he said but not all of that. Certain passage I guess the meaning. This task also tells about Britney Spears that include the word “WYSIWYG” into her lyric song.

For task two, I choose the title “the turner prize shortlist”. I don’t know why I choose this title, maybe its looks weird but for me, this title was very interesting. When I listened to this dialog first, I was blurring because it involve two people with different art of speaking and their language also quite difficult to understand. However, after listened three times, I understand certain part in this dialog. After that I looked the typescript and I found a lot of difficult words like drenched = to cause (a person) to be wet all over, evocative = memories or feeling, evokes = to produce an effect in the mind and lastly camouflage = pattern. Finally the dialog between William and Rachel not difficult of all and I understood a lot of sentence there. Thank you Madam Zurina and see you next time again, please pray for our class to success in our exam, bye….

0 komente:

Posto një koment

Abonohu në Posto komente [Atom]

<< Faqja e parë