e diel, 24 qershor 2007

Assingment 2



Task 1

Assalamu’alaikum and how are you today? Just now, I already listened Professor David Crystal recording. The title is about ‘Get a life’. Now, I want to told about my listening experience. First time when I heard the recording, I could not understood very well what Prof. David Crystal told about because he said very fast. Then, I tried again to listen for the second time. By that time, I could caught some word that he said but still not very understood. For the third time, I could quite understood. After that, I read the tapescript for the two times then I heard again the recording. I became more understood what he told about. From the listening experience, I found some new words that I did not understood such as ‘derogatory’ and ‘workaholic’. Then, I found for their meaning on dictionary. Below is the meaning of the two words above :
derogatory - expressing a lack of respect for, or a low opinion of something
workaholic - a person who lives work and does too much of it


Task 2

For the task 2, I have chosen another topic from the Professor David Crystal recording. The title is ‘cell’. The listening experience also same with task 1 listening experience but for the task 2, I listened the recording for three times only which two times before I read the tapescript. From the Professor David Crystal speech, I thought it easier to understood because his facts and words was familiar and quite simple and also I could guess it although not very understood. This assignment taught me the basic skills in listening and could knew the correct pronunciation of words. From this listening experience, I also found the new vocabulary in this recording then I found for their meaning on dictionary.
monastery a place where men (monks) live in a religious community
prisonthe building where criminals are kept as a punishment.
synchronise
to make something happen or work at the same time or speed

0 komente:

Posto një koment

Abonohu në Posto komente [Atom]

<< Faqja e parë