My Six Weeks English Class...
Before I start to write about my achievements in learning English after this six weeks period. I just want to thanks God that I was luckily at this set 30 class but not the other set. I still remembered that the day before the class was started, I was thinking that I’m going to have a boring and unfunny class. But after the class was started, I found that I was wrong because I was going to have a cheerful and funny class. At that moment, I think I will enjoy this class and this third semester.
Sincerely, I was very bashful and afraid to tell my course mate that I cannot to take the EST and speech communication in semester I and II and I only can take the foundation English in this semester. So, I ever think that I don’t want to take this course and just go to resit the MUET. But since I have to improve my English first, so I have to take this course. Fortunately, I take this course finally because I had met my friendly and kindly English lecturer, Madam Sharifah Zurina.
I like our English lecturer because she is so witty and funny. She makes us laugh all the time. She also has a potential to become an actress because she has a nice loud voice and she is able to act many expression. Madam always will be punctual because she does not like people who are late. So, I never be late.
Well, about my achievements in learning English after this six weeks period. I found that my skills and performance in reading was improved. I still remembered that day madam was asking us about how many penguin’s book that we had read. I think she was so disappointed and sad about the answer she got. I knew this is for our own good to read as many as possible penguin’s book. She told us that this is our loss not to read the free book while the other set students have been read a lot of books. So, I began to read at the library. Now, I have been read about 7 penguin’s books and I will continue to do it. I was also improved my grammar and vocabulary through reading.
For writing, I think I still have the weakness in writing especially in writing a summary. It is because I found that I was difficult in using my own words to write a summary. Maybe I have to improve my vocabulary through read more articles and newspapers.
On the other hand, I think my skills and performance in listening are better than before. Madam is a understand lecturer because she was spoke loudly and slowly while she was talking. So, I can caught it and understand what did she say. Although I manage to catch what does madam said, but I still cannot understand what the reporter said when I tried to listen from the news. Maybe I have to do a lot of listening through Longman online often. Hopefully, I can improve it.
Besides that, my skills and performance in speaking also improved. I learned a lot about my intonation through madam and Longman about where I have to rise and fall of the pitch of the voice in speaking, especially as this affects the meaning of what is said.
In addition, I learned many new vocabularies through reading. Madam also had taught us how to guess one word in a sentence even we didn’t use a dictionary. But sometimes I need to find it from a dictionary because there are so many words that I don’t know what the meaning in a sentence.
In making presentations, actually before this I was a bit nervous and shy when I have to give a presentation in class. But in this class, I think my performances in making presentations are not bad at all. Next, my skills in participating discussions also are better than before. Madam always wants us to speak in English when we want to do a discussion. So, I was tried hard to communicate in English but sometimes I used Chinese and Malay to speak with my partner.
I like all the activities that had been done in this class during this six weeks period. One of the activities I like is the ice-breaking activity. This activity had been done during our first class. I still remembered that when we did this activity, all of us have to introduce ourselves to other people. I like this activity because it can help me easy to known my new friends. Besides of this, I also like the listening to a song activity.
To put in a nutshell, I just want to say thank you to our lecturer, Madam Sharifah Zurina that taught us so much during this six weeks period.
*********************** THANKS MADAM ***************************
Sincerely, I was very bashful and afraid to tell my course mate that I cannot to take the EST and speech communication in semester I and II and I only can take the foundation English in this semester. So, I ever think that I don’t want to take this course and just go to resit the MUET. But since I have to improve my English first, so I have to take this course. Fortunately, I take this course finally because I had met my friendly and kindly English lecturer, Madam Sharifah Zurina.
I like our English lecturer because she is so witty and funny. She makes us laugh all the time. She also has a potential to become an actress because she has a nice loud voice and she is able to act many expression. Madam always will be punctual because she does not like people who are late. So, I never be late.
Well, about my achievements in learning English after this six weeks period. I found that my skills and performance in reading was improved. I still remembered that day madam was asking us about how many penguin’s book that we had read. I think she was so disappointed and sad about the answer she got. I knew this is for our own good to read as many as possible penguin’s book. She told us that this is our loss not to read the free book while the other set students have been read a lot of books. So, I began to read at the library. Now, I have been read about 7 penguin’s books and I will continue to do it. I was also improved my grammar and vocabulary through reading.
For writing, I think I still have the weakness in writing especially in writing a summary. It is because I found that I was difficult in using my own words to write a summary. Maybe I have to improve my vocabulary through read more articles and newspapers.
On the other hand, I think my skills and performance in listening are better than before. Madam is a understand lecturer because she was spoke loudly and slowly while she was talking. So, I can caught it and understand what did she say. Although I manage to catch what does madam said, but I still cannot understand what the reporter said when I tried to listen from the news. Maybe I have to do a lot of listening through Longman online often. Hopefully, I can improve it.
Besides that, my skills and performance in speaking also improved. I learned a lot about my intonation through madam and Longman about where I have to rise and fall of the pitch of the voice in speaking, especially as this affects the meaning of what is said.
In addition, I learned many new vocabularies through reading. Madam also had taught us how to guess one word in a sentence even we didn’t use a dictionary. But sometimes I need to find it from a dictionary because there are so many words that I don’t know what the meaning in a sentence.
In making presentations, actually before this I was a bit nervous and shy when I have to give a presentation in class. But in this class, I think my performances in making presentations are not bad at all. Next, my skills in participating discussions also are better than before. Madam always wants us to speak in English when we want to do a discussion. So, I was tried hard to communicate in English but sometimes I used Chinese and Malay to speak with my partner.
I like all the activities that had been done in this class during this six weeks period. One of the activities I like is the ice-breaking activity. This activity had been done during our first class. I still remembered that when we did this activity, all of us have to introduce ourselves to other people. I like this activity because it can help me easy to known my new friends. Besides of this, I also like the listening to a song activity.
To put in a nutshell, I just want to say thank you to our lecturer, Madam Sharifah Zurina that taught us so much during this six weeks period.
*********************** THANKS MADAM ***************************
0 komente:
Posto një koment
Abonohu në Posto komente [Atom]
<< Faqja e parë