e hënë, 11 qershor 2007

Achievement in learning English

Hello Madam,

I' m Lim Chew Siang and I' m taking Food Science And Nutrition course. I always think about my future. I want to be a nutritionist but my English is not very good. When I saw many people who can speak very well and fluently, I really jealous because I can't do it. Before I took this foundation English course, I was felt nervousness because I' m poor in English so that I was afraid in reading, writing and shy to speak.

I want to thank Madam Sharifah Zurina because she has been teaching us a lot of reading, writing, listening, speaking, vocabulary, how to prepare for presentation and so on. Madam is looks seem to be a cheerful woman and she also very funny in our class. That makes me always enjoy studying and interested in her class. I want to say thank you because you are build it up my confident and I wasn't frightened to attend English class again.



Achievement in reading

My reading achievement and skill in learning English was improved. Madam Sharifah told us that the way to improve from weakness in reading only can be achieved if we keep up with our reading. I agreed what Madam's suggestion because my reading skill became more better than before. Last time I needed four hours to finish studied penguin reader's book but now I only used three hours to complete it. In addition I found that I became interested to read more deeply in one particular subject. From this achievement I knew that I didn't spend enough time in reading and didn't read widely enough so that makes me weakness in reading.



Achievement in writing

I knew that my own strengths and weakness in writing because I often make some mistake in grammar. English are many different kinds of changes, such as present tense, past tense, future tense and the introduction of new words. I always confused when had wrote on exam or other homework. but madam told us that grammar is very important in writing. In addition, linking words, spelling and vocabulary also were important parts to make writing become completely. Thus, I learnt more these through Longman online. Since I learnt it, I had concerned about it when I was writing. At the same time, madam also always remained us and make correct our grammar if we were used wrong grammar in speaking or writing. So I think I should do exercise through Longman online and read more newspaper to improve my grammar and vocabulary.



Achievement in listening

Before I study at UKM, I always have used Mandarin or Malay communicating with my parents and friends. even I had been studying atPolytechnic, our lesson also used in Malay. Madam was very understanding person, she always speak loudly and slowly so that I could caught it easily. Besides that I also interested in exercise on Longman online because it is very useful for me. I think my listening skill is better than before. I will try to improve it again by listening to the English music, radio and television.

Achievement in Speaking
English are many different kinds of changes, such as grammar and vocabulary but madam told us that the most important kind of English changes is that of pronunciation. Madam always make correct the pronunciation on students who was wrong pronounce it. I think it is very helpful for me because I learnt more from other students mistake. Longman online also take a important parts in speaking. I learnt it at there. madam also always required us do a discussion by group. Now I became not very shy when speak with friends because I knew that my speaking have improved and became bettere since I took this foundation English course.

Achievement in Vocabulary
I had learnt more vocabulary since I took this foundation English course in the third semester. I didn't need to learn other subject, otherwise I was only spent my time in reading penguin reader's book and the Star newspaper. I found it out a few words which I couldn't understand on the dictionary

Activities in the English class
Madam is a very good and funny person. she looks seem to be a cheerful person and she also very punctual so that she doesn't like students who was coming late in class. Although she was very serious in our class but she also friendly and understanding during in the class. That makes me more interested attend this foundation English class. we never feel boring but we can feel that the time was pass quickly because she had done some activities for us. I liked these activities. For example activities was an ice-breaking activity which had done at first class in our English class. We were given chance to introduce ourselves to other new friends and to madam. She wants us speak loudly. Besides that, she also required our done a discussion in the group and should speak about 80% in English. we can practised our speaking through this activity so that I really liked it. I think all of this activities were very useful in our English class because we never feel boring even there were three hours in class. In addition, madam likes asking many question so that we are given chance to speak loudly. In my opinion, always speak loudly can be build up in ourselves and we'll become wasn't frightened of public appearances and speaking.

Lastly I want to say thank you to madam because she makes me began interested in English since I took this foundation English course. I hope that my dream will be coming truth, I can speak fluently when I become a nutritionist. Thank you very much. . . .

0 komente:

Posto një koment

Abonohu në Posto komente [Atom]

<< Faqja e parë